Название: From Seismic Interpretation to Modelling and Assessment of Oil and Gas Fields
Автор: Yury P. Ampilov
Издательство: EAGE Publications bv
Год издания: 2010
Цена для членов EAGE:
Новая цена (СКИДКА 66%): 1480 руб.
In this publication the author pays special attention to the cross-disciplinary problems of the geosciences: seismic processing and interpretation, geological and hydrodynamic modelling and he analyses the contradictions of the applied methods. The author states that narrow specialization in geosciences has hindered unbiased subsurface investigation. There is a need for new specialists who are able to integrate knowledge from the different fields.
The book provides critical but unbiased analysis of the interpretation possibilities of seismic exploration when forecasting rock properties. Moreover, compared to the Russian version, this edition gives a more extended analysis of seismic inversion algorithms. This book will be useful for geologists, geophysicists, engineers involved in the development of hydrocarbon fields and other, cross-disciplinary specialists.
Yury P. Ampilov is Professor, Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, Chairman of the exploration geophysics section of the RAS academic council on Earth physics, and Director of the ?Offshore Oil and Gas Fields? department at Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC. Yury P. Ampilov is also a Professor at Lomonosov Moscow State University (secondary employment). He worked in the polar regions for more than 15 years. This was at a time when major oil and gas fields were discovered on the Russian Arctic shelf. Yury P. Ampilov is the author of more than 150 scientific works devoted to geological and geophysical investigation, including 7 monographs and 5 textbooks. He received the Governmental Scientific and Technical Award in 2007.
Table of Contents
1. Seismic Reflection Method ? Foundation of Subsurface Structure Remote Sensing
2. Principles of Multidimensional Analysis of Seismic Attributes
3. Geological Modelling and Oil & Gas Reserves Assessment with the Use of the CMP Seismic Method
4. From Geological Model to Field Production Potential and Reservoir Engineering
5. Geological and Economic Modelling: Feasibility Study of Further Exploration and Development
6. What is coming? (unsolved problems and further prospects for the methodology of hydrocarbon fields research)